Saturday, April 25, 2009

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend

Hi,

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I have only scrapped one page but have taken pics of some layouts I did during the week to upload as well. So first I will start with the one I did yesterday which is for the Scrapbooking Top 50 April Sketch Challenge. It is of my two gorgeous boys having one of their calm and loving moments....there are not very many calm moments with 2 boys. I love this photo because you can see just how much they love each other. For the layout I used the NEW Crate Paper Little Sprout collection available at Click'n'Scrap.


The next 2 layouts are of my second gorgeous boy Jacob when he was 2 days old ..... I know that is pretty slack that I have only just scrapped them almost 2 years later but you can't rush these things. All he did was sleep which was fantastic...but he is definitely making up for all those quiet moments now. The first pic is of him and I on day 2. For this layout I used some clearance Kaisercraft papers from Click'n'Scrap and some basic grey for the background. I cut the papers into 3cmx3cm cubes and inked the edges. Then embellished with a vellum quote and a pink paislee flower and some buttons. The second layout uses the same papers, and buttons with a scrappy cats stamp and BG alpha stickers.

These two layouts are of my youngest again, Jacob, when we were in New Zealand visiting my husbands family. He was definitely the centre of attention as you can see from the photos he was pops boy. For the layouts I used Making Memories Noteworthy papers, once again from Click'n'Scrap, some paper flowers and Kaisercraft pearls. The second layout uses the same papers. I simply used another sheet of scalloped paper and traced around then cut it out. The second layout also uses some Prima papers and some Pink Paislee and SEI embellishments.

These two layouts are of my eldest son, Samuel, when he was learning to walk with his Grumps. I used some of my personal stash for these, I think last season Bo Bunny papers and stickers and brads. But for the embellishing I did some doodling around the stars. This was my first attempt at doodling and I think I did ok. Any tips on doodling add them to my comments.

This page is my youngest, Jacob, playing in the garden in his walker. I love this picture because it shows off his gorgeous smile. I also like the fact that because it is in the garden and pretty it doesn't need to be scrapped using boy themed papers. I love to try and use flowers on my boy pages. For this layout I used Basic Grey Urban Prairie papers and co-ordinating brads from Click'n'Scrap, and the flowers and ribbon are from my personal stash I think Prima Painterly Petals and Making Memories noteworthy ribbons.

Well that is all from me for the weekend ..... I think. I am going to take my boys to the movies now to see Monsters v Aliens. So depending on what time I get back maybe I will be back on tonight.

Cheers and enjoy the rest of your Sunday

Sharnie


1 comment:

  1. I only just realised you had a blog and wanted to stop by and say hi :) these are lovely pages and your boys are adorable! Also its so nice to know what you look like after all this time lol ;)
    Aga xx

    ReplyDelete